Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Roasted Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage

 

Wise spice with butter 
Roasting heavenly delight 
Sweet, nutty, earthy 

I am excited that fall is finally here…which means I can switch my obsession from corn to squash.  This was a really simple dish, but turned out wonderfully.  First, I cut up squash into cubes, threw it on a baking sheet with a little olive oil and salt, and baked for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees, or until tender.
Meanwhile, I started the brown butter.  It’s really easy to make, and it has a more complex flavor than regular butter.  I placed the butter into a pan over moderate heat, and stirred continuously until it changed color and started to smell nutty and delicious.  At the end, I added a few tablespoons of chopped sage, and tossed with the squash.  Sometimes simple really is better. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment