Saturday, January 2, 2010

Japchae



A brand new cookbook
A trip to Koreatown
A happy belly


Having recently acquired a new cookbook (and having complained incessantly about my disappointing results cooking ethnic food), I thought I’d give it another go.  Quick and Easy Korean Cooking sounded like it had potential (good reviews and a Gourmet Book Club selection), so off I went to Koreatown in search of my ingredients.
Armed with my iPhone, I navigated the unfamiliar isles and managed to acquire all of the necessary components, despite the nomenclature difficulties (turns out Korean Style Starch Noodles ARE sweet potato noodles.  Who knew?) 
Upon my return home, I began my first foray into Korean cooking. As the cookbook promised, the recipe was indeed quick and easy (and quite tasty too):  Sweet Potato Noodles Recipe  

No comments:

Post a Comment