Friday, August 28, 2009

Parmesan Chicken with Butter Balsamic Sauce

 
Crisp roasted chicken
With butter balsamic sauce
Minus the butter
Lest you get the wrong impression about my dietary consumption habits, I realized I should probably post a dish that includes meat.  Though I do tend to cook a great deal of vegetarian food, I am definitely an omnivore at heart.  This post illustrates two things…that I do indeed cook meat, and that I can be a big dumbass in the kitchen.  Point number two is not a new theme at all.   Quite frankly, I am sometimes amazed that the majority of my culinary adventures turn out pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. 

The classic story that always comes to mind to illustrate said mishaps is the time I made a family favorite dessert called Southern Delight.  The simple crust is comprised of three ingredients—nuts, butter and flour.  Somehow, I managed to forget the third (and obviously crucial) item.  I didn’t realize my omission until I glanced in the oven expecting to see a golden brown crust, and was instead greeted by nuts sizzling away in hot butter.  Awesome. 

So fast forward many years to August 2009, and I decided to cook a recipe that my foodie friend said was delicious, Parmesan Chicken with Balsamic Butter Sauce. I am proud to say I remembered the parmesan, the chicken, AND the balsamic.  However, the butter did not fare as well.  Ah well, it was still tasty and inadvertently healthier.  My glass of Viognier was definitely half full that evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment