Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Roasted Chickpeas with Chard, Garlic, & Shallots


Beans and shallots dance
A roasting, melding, wafting

Rainbow in the pan


As I was sorting through an old folder stuffed full with old recipe clippings (the kind you usually save and never look at again), I came across this gem from Bon Appetit. Let me just say that I’m so glad I did…this dish is like healthy comfort food that warms your soul. Even though I was eating by myself, I was literally oohing and aahing with every bite.

If you’d like to try your hand at it, the recipe can be found online at epicurious.

I mostly followed the recipe, though I cut way back on the oil to roast the chickpeas in and didn’t drain them. Also, I didn’t have fennel so I used herbes de provence instead. I’m sure you could cut out the roasting step entirely to save time, but there’s really nothing like roasted garlic. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment